We opened a hole in the sky, and within it, something new was born. Time and space expanding, a whole new world, new space, new rules. Another universe, and we were there from the beginning. We watched as the hole in our world grew a world of its own, and knew it to be true: we are not alone. There are other worlds, other times, a whole other existence.
We only wished that we could go in. When the hole in the sky closed up, we wept tears of frustration, but we know what we will do. We will open another hole, create another world, and we will watch, and weep when it leaves us behind.
The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin
Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
How To Be Happy by Eleanor Davis
- RT @stichomancery: My piece on Luke Cage, agency, and what his series gets right about Blackness is up on @strangehorizons! https://t.co/k0… 1 hour ago
- RT @alistaircoleman: "Do you think people will know that says arise?" "Yeah, go for it" https://t.co/LoJiMoCmoh 4 hours ago
- RT @Reductress: ‘La La Land’ Spotted on Brisk Morning Hike in Chappaqua: reductr.es/2lriVTY https://t.co/pXhvERhYzk 20 hours ago
- This month in Hearthstone I mostly continued playing Handbuff Paladin, but lately I've discovered C'Thun Raza Priest, which has potential. 1 day ago
- Okay, can we get my local cinema to show Moonlight now? 1 day ago
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 2: Cosmic Cooties by Amy Reeder
- Borderline (The Arcadia Project) by Mishell Baker
- Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Everything Belongs to the Future by Laurie Penny
- Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! Vol. 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow by Kate Leth
- Clean Room TP Vol 2 by Gail Simone